Google has officially launched Android 8.0 Oreo a few days ago. Here in XDA forum, few developer has already made a beta version of Android 8.0 Oreo based custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Xiaomi Mi 4. Here is the process how to install that Custom ROM. Before you gonna flash here is some info, the ROM is in beta version so it may have bugs. And in this installation or flashing process if your device gets bricked WE WILL BE NOT RESPONSIBLE for that. Anyway here how to install Install Android Oreo Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 or Mi4
TWRP is installed
Now you are ready to install Android Oreo Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 or Xiaomi Mi4
1, Firstly, download all the ZIP files from the links given in the download section.
2. Now you need to boot your Xiaomi MI 3/4 into the TWRP Mode. Power Off the phone and press Power Button and Volume Up button to boot your phone into the recovery mode.
3. Now you need to clear the cache memory using TWRP.
4. Select Wipe and go to advanced Wipe. Select device cache, data, Cache and system and swipe the blue button at the bottom to clear the cache.
5. After that go back to TWRP Home screen
6. Tap on Install
7. Select the ROM
8. Swipe to Install (It may take time)
Got an Error?
1. Flash ROM, you will get error at here
2. At twrp, go to mount section unmount and mount again “system”
3. Go Advanced / File Manager, go to system/bin/devicecheck.sh and click to chmod
4. Install rom again without wiping anything
9. Now Install GApps
10. After installation reboot the device (It may take a long time)
Congratulations!!! Now your Xiaomi Mi3 / Mi4 running a custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo 😀
Top Android Oreo Features
- Background limits
- Adaptive icons
- Snooze a notification
- And many more